Commercial HVAC Program
The Commercial HVAC (heating, ventilation, and air conditioning) Program is designed
to encourage the use of high-efficiency natural gas furnaces, boilers, rooftop units,
unit heaters, infrared radiant heaters, and Variable Speed ECM pumps in both commercial new construction and retrofit
applications. Available through participating SaskEnergy Commercial & Residential
Network Members located across Saskatchewan, the program provides incentives based
on the incremental price of energy-efficient natural gas boilers, furnaces, rooftop
units, unit heaters, infrared radiant heaters, and Variable Speed ECM pumps. Incentives are based on the type, size,
and number of units installed. To qualify for the program, a boiler plant must have
an input rating of less than 400,000 BTU. Contact a participating SaskEnergy
Network Member to determine if you are eligible for the Commercial HVAC
This offer is funded by SaskEnergy and SaskPower and is available from December 1, 2015 until November 30, 2017.
Note: This program does not apply to buildings that are directly or indirectly,
owned or operated by or receive their primary funding from the, Province of Saskatchewan
(e.g. hospitals, schools, government departments and ministries and Crown Corporations).
Furnaces under the Program must be:
- ENERGY STAR® qualified high efficiency natural gas furnace - 95%
AFUE (annual fuel utilization efficiency) with a brushless DC motor identified on
Natural Resources website.
Boilers under the Program must be:
- High efficiency natural gas condensing boiler - 90%+ AFUE.
- Less than 400,000 Btu/hr.
- Be listed as an Eligible Boiler
Rooftop units under the Program must:
- Not exceed 20 tons.
- Provide at least two stages of natural gas heating.
- Provide at least SEER 15 cooling for units up to and including 5 tons.
- Provide at least EER 12 cooling for units larger than 5 tons.
- Be installed with an economizer.
- Be listed as an eligible rooftop unit.
Unit heaters under the Program must be:
- Condensing natural gas unit heater (90% thermal efficiency) identified on the Natural Resources Canada website.
- Minimum heating input of 40,000 Btu/hr.
Infrared radiant heaters under the Program must:
- Use natural gas.
- Have a minimum infrared radiant heater input rating of 40,000 Btu/hr.
- Less than 300,000 Btu/hr.
- Be used in an indoor space heating application only (outdoor patio
heaters do not qualify).
Eligible pumps under the Program must:
- Utilize Variable Speed ECM pump technology and automatically vary output to heating requirements
- Be installed in a continuous yet variable flow application with the primary function being distribution of space heating for the building.
(Redundant, staged, domestic hot water or on/off pump applications do not qualify).
- Be listed as an eligible pump.
Furnace incentives are calculated as follows:
- $650 for each eligible furnace in the replacement market.
- $300 for each eligible furnace in new construction.
Boiler incentives will be calculated as follows:
- $10 per MBH (1000 Btu/hr) of the total boiler plant input. Note: A boiler plant can be made up of 1 or more boilers.
Rooftop unit incentives will be calculated as follows:
- $500 for each eligible rooftop unit, plus $100 per ton.
Unit heater incentives will be calculated as follows:
- $1,000 for each eligible condensing unit heater for units 40,000 to
- $1,500 for each eligible condensing unit heater for units 150,000 to
- $2,000 for each eligible condensing unit heater for units larger than
Infrared radiant heater incentives will be calculated as follows:
- $500 for each eligible infrared radiant heater for units 40,000 to 99,999 Btu/hr.
- $1,000 for each eligible infrared radiant heater for units 100,000 to 299,999
Eligible pump incentives will be calculated as follows:
- $250 per Variable Speed ECM Pump (>=0.15HP and <0.6HP)
- $500 per Variable Speed ECM Pump (>=0.6HP and <1.0HP)
- $750 per Variable Speed ECM Pump (>=1.0HP and <=2.0HP)
Commercial Network Members offer leasing services for the purchase and installation
of commercial heating & cooling equipment. The increase in efficiency can provide
enough savings to offset a good portion of the lease payments, making this an attractive
option for many businesses. As well, leasing allows you to use your capital budget
for other improvements.
Terms & Conditions
Eligible Furnace List
Rooftop Unit List
Eligible Unit Heater List
Eligible Variable Speed ECM Pump List
Commercial HVAC Program Information Sheet