SaskEnergy offers a convenient application process to connect you to natural gas service. If you are applying for a single service to a commercial building or require a design and cost estimate for mains to be installed to your commercial development (multiple lots) in an urban or rural site, simply follow these steps:
- Apply for Natural Gas Service
- Complete and submit the Commercial/Industrial Application Form.
- Once your completed application has been submitted, SaskEnergy will provide a tracking number. Keep this number for reference if you need to contact us.
Tips for submitting your application:
- If you have a desktop email program such as Microsoft Outlook, Lotus Notes or Local Cable, your email program will launch when you click the "Submit by E-mail" button on the application form. Include any site plans for the address you are applying for by including an attachment (ie. .jpg, .pdf or .docx) in your email.
- If you are using an internet browser based email such as Hotmail, Gmail or Live, you must save the completed application form to your computer prior to log in. Attach the saved application form as well as any site plans for the address you are applying for (ie. .jpg, .pdf or .docx).
- Prepare for Service Installation
- Ensure you are following the requirements outlined in the Site Readiness Checklist.
- Whether you are planning an individual commercial building or an entire commercial subdivision layout with several lots, please consider current plans and future growth possibilities.
- Be prepared to discuss your natural gas requirements with us and to provide the following information:
- Contact names, titles, addresses and telephone numbers of people or firms involved in the natural gas system and equipment design.
- A Site Plan or Proposed Plan of Survey indicating the Lot, Block and Plan Number for urban locations, or the Land Location, LSD, or Lot of Parcel Number for rural locations.
- Approved mechanical system drawing(s) showing proposed outside meter locations and an indication of meter options such as multiple meters for individual customers or a single meter for the entire building.
- The total hourly load and delivery supply pressure requirements.
- Special considerations that may impact installation, such as pavement, obstacles, environmental concerns, meter signal requirements or special routing.
- If you are developing a multi-lot commercial site and have no connected load information, SaskEnergy will provide a quote to install mains only. Services from the main and the meter(s) will not be included in the cost. These costs will be deferred until a request for installation is made.
- Large meter sets require a concrete pad to sit on and should typically be 3 feet x 4 feet. Discuss options with your SaskEnergy representative prior to completing any work.