SaskEnergy offers a convenient application process to connect you to natural gas service. If you are applying for a single service to a commercial building or require a design and cost estimate for mains to be installed to your commercial development (multiple lots) in an urban or rural site, simply follow these steps:
- Apply for Natural Gas Service
- Open or Save the Commercial/Industrial Application Form to your computer. To view and fill in this form, you will require Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- Complete the form and submit via email attachment or by mail. Attach any site plans for the address(es) you are applying for.
- Once your completed application has been submitted, SaskEnergy will provide a tracking number. Keep this number for reference if you need to contact us.
- Prepare for Service Installation
- Ensure you are following the requirements outlined in the Site Readiness Checklist.
- Whether you are planning an individual commercial building or an entire commercial subdivision layout with several lots, please consider current plans and future growth possibilities.
- Be prepared to discuss your natural gas requirements with us and to provide the following information:
- Contact names, titles, addresses and telephone numbers of people or firms involved in the natural gas system and equipment design.
- A Site Plan or Proposed Plan of Survey indicating the Lot, Block and Plan Number for urban locations, or the Land Location, LSD, or Lot of Parcel Number for rural locations.
- Approved mechanical system drawing(s) showing proposed outside meter locations and an indication of meter options such as multiple meters for individual customers or a single meter for the entire building.
- The total hourly load and delivery supply pressure requirements.
- Special considerations that may impact installation, such as pavement, obstacles, environmental concerns, meter signal requirements or special routing.
- If you are developing a multi-lot commercial site and have no connected load information, SaskEnergy will provide a quote to install mains only. Services from the main and the meter(s) will not be included in the cost. These costs will be deferred until a request for installation is made.
- Large meter sets require a concrete pad to sit on and should typically be 3 feet x 4 feet. Discuss options with your SaskEnergy representative prior to completing any work.