Residential Service Application in a First Nations Community
SaskEnergy offers a convenient application process to connect you to natural gas service. If your home is in a First Nations community, simply follow these three steps:
Apply for Natural Gas and/or Electrical Service
- Complete and submit the Saskatchewan First Nation (Residential) Application Form.
- Once your completed application has been submitted, SaskEnergy will provide a tracking number. Keep this number for reference if you need to contact us.
Tips for submitting your application:
- If you have a desktop email program such as Microsoft Outlook, Lotus Notes or Local Cable, your email program will launch when you click the "Submit by E-mail" button on the application form. Include any site plans for the address(es) you are applying for by including an attachment (ie. .jpg, .pdf or .docx) in your email.
- If you are using an internet browser based email such as Hotmail, Gmail or Live, you must save the completed application form to your computer prior to log in. Attach the saved application form as well as any site plans for the address(es) you are applying for (ie. .jpg, .pdf or .docx).
- Prepare for Service Installation
- Ensure you are following the requirements outlined in the Site Readiness Checklist
- Discuss ahead of time with your building contractor or your plumbing and heating contractor. They can help you plan where the appliances should go and install the necessary piping. This can be accomplished after a house is built, but it is easier and more economical to plan ahead and have your home pre-piped for natural gas.
- SaskEnergy will install the natural gas service line once all designs and approvals have been received. If non-standard installation is requested (boring, compaction requests, etc.), the additional costs will be your responsibility.
- SaskEnergy will strive to restore the site to its original condition. When filling the trench, a crown is typically left to alleviate settlement that can occur depending on the soil conditions. Where applicable, landscaping and/or concrete or pavement restoration will be included in the cost and provided once installation is completed.
- Natural Gas Meter Installation
- After the natural gas service line has been installed, your licensed plumbing and heating contractor must contact SaskEnergy at 1-888-700-0427 to advise that they are ready for the meter to be connected.
- Your licensed plumbing and heating contractor will provide SaskEnergy with a Gas Inspection Division permit number, at which time SaskEnergy will install and activate the natural gas meter. Billing commences from the date the meter is set.
SaskEnergy is committed to the safe and reliable delivery of natural gas to every customer. As a result, line locating and odour investigating are performed at no charge. Please contact Sask 1st Call at least two business days before you are going to dig or
perform any excavation work online at sask1stcall.com or by calling 1-866-828-4888. Once your lines are located, markings are valid for 10 working days from the day they were placed.