What is the Initiative?
The Share the Warmth initiative leverages social good by empowering charitable organizations to provide additional services through grants offered by SaskEnergy.
Since the program’s inception, 211 projects from across the province have been selected to participate, totalling over $250,000 granted to facilitate proposed projects.
These grants are utilized by organizations—helping them implement a program to “Share the Warmth” by providing warm clothes, shelter or food. Accepted applicants use the grant to assist citizens with the tough challenges of our frigid Saskatchewan winters. This is accomplished through special initiatives the organizations would not have been able to undertake otherwise.
In past years, there have been many hard working people in our province ensuring that this community investment initiative assisted as many people as possible. In 2020-2021, we would love for you to help Share the Warmth and make a difference in our province.
The 2020-2021 Share the Warmth Program:
- We are looking for up to 30 enthusiastic organizations from across the province.
- Organizations must provide daily care and services to vulnerable citizens in our communities.
- Up to six organizations will receive $2,000 where impact and leveraging of other community resources is significant.
- A minimum of twenty $1,000 grants will be awarded to other successful applicants (subject to number of eligible applicants received).
- If your organization has previously been awarded a grant, an elevation in the overall goal/scale of the project compared to the previous application is required.
- Application deadline is November 15, 2020.
- Grants will be awarded by November 30, 2020.
Click here to view the 2020-21 information brochure.
Click here to apply for a Share the Warmth Grant.
If you have any questions, or simply require further information, please contact us at email@example.com or 306-777-9378.
Click on the links below to see previous Share the Warmth Grant recipients: